For justice to truly be effective, it must be seen to be done. That’s why communications and outreach are so important to the ICC’s work. Can new technologies be used to improve the Court’s outreach?
The UCLA School of Law Sanela Diana Jenkins Human Rights Project’s ICC Forum is currently holding an online debate on ICC outreach, which participants giving their take on this important question:
How can the ICC and its stakeholders more fully address challenges to outreach and public information, better utilize technology and other methods to enhance understanding of the Court’s mandate and activities, and promote support for its work?
Participants in the debate include:
- Alison Cole, Open Society Justice Initiative;
- Francisco O. Ramirez, Stanford University ;
- Patrick Vinck, Harvard Humanitarian Initiative;
- Christopher Werby, Pipsqueak Productions; and
- Olga Werby, Pipsqueak Productions.
Have your say – what do you think the ICC can do to improve its outreach?